A service user in Selby used a naloxone kit given by Horizons staff to save his friend’s life.
The naloxone was administered before an ambulance arrived. Paramedics told the people there, their overdosing friend would have died if not for the intervention.
The client had told our worker: “I am so pleased that we have managed to save a life with the training we have done.”
Rachel Demoraes, of Horizons, said: “We are hopeful that more vulnerable drug users will hear about naloxone and access the scheme.
“We will continue to promote the scheme within local communities in North Yorkshire in the hope that more lives can be saved.”
Since the start of July, Horizons has supplied over 100 service users with a take-home naloxone kit and given training involving managing overdoses and basic resuscitation.Back to News